Friday, November 20, 2009

And she's off!


Bailey took her first steps on Halloween, she was just barely 10 months old!! We were quite shocked, but excited that she did it while Doug was home for the weekend. Since then, she's been practicing her moves. She's on the go. To me it seems crazy for her to be walking at 10 months. Granted she's not a fluent walker yet, she does good! She's mastered walking across the living room, and is still a little timid to walk without assistance when we're not home. Anyway, not much has been going on in our little world, I've decided to return to the workforce. So, I've been job hunting. Being so close to having my BA and with Bailey walking and talking, I feel it's time. I love being home with my kids. I feel so blessed to have been able to be home with Bailey for her first year, as I was with Jesse. BUT, I want to return to work. I get bored at home sometimes, and I feel that putting Bailey in a daycare, maybe even part-time would be beneficial to her social skills with other babies. Anyway, yesterday I had 2 job interviews, one with Webster bank for a new accounts person, and the other at Navy Federal for the same thing. Next week I have another interview at Navy Federal for an Assistant Bank Manager! That's the one I want. I feel with my education, and banking experience I am qualified for it, I just need them to give me a chance! It's hard these days to convince a potential employer to give you a chance to show them you are fit for the job. I'm not stressed though. The right job will come in time, and until then I'll enjoy being home with the kids. Jesse loves me being home. Probably comes from those few short years when I was working 50 hours a week to keep my head above water and I felt like I hardly ever saw him. Luckily he was able to spend alot of time with his dad during that time.
Anyway, my weightloss efforts are at a shortstop. I've worked out a couple of times, and haven't eaten the greatest in the last week or so, but I haven't gained any weight. I'm tetering at the same weight, which is good and bad. I'm not too worried with the upcoming holidays, as I don't do much baking of sweets, and I'm not compelled to eat all the time. I am looking foward to Thanksgiving and having Mashed Potatoes, and Pumpkin Pie. I'm hoping Doug's parents will make it up for Christmas, and I'll do my usual Prime Rib, or maybe we'll grill some steaks this year. After having turkey for Thanksgiving, I'm ready for something else come Christmas!
Alright. I've rambled on, and now it's time for some breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to make it down and visit!! And watch her teeter around and see how tall Jesse has gotten, I miss my buddy! I can't wait for him and Dylan to hang out....and us to get giddy on wine!!

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete