Monday, November 2, 2009

We had a wonderful weekend..


Indeed we did. It was so nice to have Doug home with us, even if it was just 3 days. He had to leave this morning before the sun came up, so when Bailey woke up this morning she looked for DaDa for about 30 minutes before she finally gave in and went back to sleep. It's hard, but I keep telling myself that in 7 weeks he'll be home for good, well until April and he'll only be gone for a month if that. In those 7 weeks I have goals!! My goal is to be losing around 3 lbs a week. And I know, that 3 lbs every week may not happen, but some weeks could be more. I think that's really my only goal, and to get all the Christmas shopping done, I pretty much know what both kids are getting, just a matter of finding it. This year will be alot different with Bailey's birthday coming just 4 days after Christmas!! Then Jesse's birthday 1.5 months after that.


Bailey took her first steps this weekend. On halloween actually. I am soo soo happy beyond words that Doug was here to see it. It's like she was waiting for him to be home. We had a good halloweeen, and Jesse has enough candy to last until next halloween. Sunday we did some wine tasting at the orchard, and snapped some pictures. Then, we came home and worked outside. Jesse picked up leaves, Doug was on the roof, and Bailey and I mowed the lawn. I knew that wrap was a good investment! She napped in the wrap and I was quite surprised since the lawnmower is anything but quiet.


Now, it's monday. and I'm procrastinating any housework or homework I should be doing. I suppose you could say I'm throwing myself a pity party. I know that each day is a closer day, and we can see him in between those days, it's still hard. I told myself I wasn't going to cry when he left this morning. and I tried really hard to not cry. But when he called to tell me he was back safe in VA, I just started bawling. Ahh...it's tough. We'll get through it, and we'll be stronger for it.


Okay, I'm off to get started on my cleaning. It's already 11:30. Where has the morning gone?

2 comments:

  1. You're a strong woman Steph and you'll make it, with flying colors. Your time with Doug when he's home will be that much more precious. Find comfort in your everyday routines and the kids. The time will have passed before you know it.

    ReplyDelete