Saturday, February 20, 2010

Money is the root of all evil.

I hate money. Well okay, I don't hate it. I hate that it controls what you do. There's never enough, and when there is enough something is sure to happen to make it disappear. Everything has payments, interest rates, or just plain costs an outlandish amount. Oh, you'd like to buy that? We'll let you have it for low monthly payments but charge you 26% interest on the remaining balance each month. Kinda makes you think about what you really need.

I'm just generally talking here...I had money on my mind this morning. I crunch numbers. It's what I do. It's what school has taught me. Finance. A couple of buttons pushed and I can tell you how long you'll be in debt and how much money you'll need to make before you can save any. I like numbers. Graduation is upon me this fall, and opening my student loan statements I almost choked on my drink. I knew school was expensive, but my debt is up there. To the point that I could have bought a couple of REALLY NICE cars. OR even almost bought a house. It's disgusting how much I owe for wanting a higher education.

I went back to school to better myself, and give myself and Jesse a better life. Along the bumpy road Doug joined our journey, and now we've added Bailey to it. It's been a long ride, a little rough at times, but I am finally almost done. I can't believe it. In 7 months I will have 2 college degrees. It makes me smile on the inside, even if I owe Uncle Sam alot of money. I did what most people thought I could not. I was a single mom going to school and working. "she won't finish. She'll quit" I heard alot of that. And alot of the time it was hard. Still is actually. 7 classes to go and I do have weeks where I struggle to get homework done.

In the end its all worth it. I did what almost nobody thought I could do, even myself at times. But still...Money is the root of all evil.

2 comments:

  1. It sure is. And Debt is it's Evil Step-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you Steph for proving all the nay-sayers wrong. You go girl! And I agree about that evil little guy...

    ReplyDelete