Monday, October 26, 2009

And we're off baby food cold turkey!

Lately Bailey has been wanting more and more table food. The last time I gave her baby food she kept spitting it out. I guess I just think she can't chew because she only has two teeth! So, she's managed to just quit babyfood altogether! It's almost a relief, just for the fact I hate buying it all the time. At the same time though, sometimes I struggle on what to feed her. Last night she had her first take at roasted chicken. Loved it! and mashed potatoes that I had to feed her of course. Since they say babies shouldn't have peanut butter, and I have quite a few allergies I'm afraid to try her on PB this soon. So, I found some Soynut Butter and have been giving her that instead. She LOVES it! I'm not big fan of PB, but the soybutter is pretty tasty, can't quite tell the difference. She's also loving grilled cheese and ravioli's. She's growing up so fast it's likea whirlwind. I took her and Jesse to the pumpkin patch yesterday, and she had a blast! I let her crawl through the pumpkins since it was really grassy, she had a great time.

Doug gets to come home this weekend for 4 days. It will be so nice to have him here to ourselves for the weekend. It's made this past month or I should say few weeks go by a little better. We're adjusting to him being gone and we are thankful we have unlimted phone time. He sings to Bailey at night when she's going to bed and she kisses the phone. She babbles at his picture on the computer daily. So cute!

I can't believe that next week is halloween and we're already into November. CRAZY. Where has the year gone? Bailey is going to be 1 shortly after Christmas. It just feels like she was a teeny baby. And the stressses of Christmas are in full swing. Who's getting what, and what we are sending where, not to mention where will the money come from? Ugh. The only reason I despise Christmas season. It's so commercialized towards kids, that I've had a hard time teaching Jesse what Christmas is really about. Christmas is not about presents and expensive things. I think he's starting to get it..

We're thinking of going to Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in NYC this year. How fun! Last year we didn't do anything, Doug worked a double shift, and I think I slept all day pretty much. Being it's Bailey's first Thanksgiving, what better way to spend it! And we'll have memories to last forever. Not having any family here makes it tough sometimes to cook a big dinner. I think last year we ate turkey for a month after Thanksgiving.

Ok, so this entry is a little of everything. Bailey is yelling for me.. :)

2 comments:

  1. The pumpkin pics are so cute!

    Thats great about the baby food, I hated stockign up on babyfood when I went shopping and was so excited when Dylan wanted "real" food.

    Jesse and Bailey are both lucky to have such a great mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could get just a turkey breast roast. I just saw a recipe I wanted to try in a magazine. I'll see if it's online and send it to you.
    So jealous you're going to NYC. I'll get there one day and go see Wicked!
    Enjoy your weekend with your man, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete