Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Maybe the NorthEast isn't so bad afterall...

I'm starting to miss our home in Connecticut. I never thought I would. Beside the fact that it gets frigid cold in New England, our house is in the midst of remodeling. Unfinished projects here and there can make for a sometimes messy house. Alas, I miss it!! I want to get home and finish what we started. It's going to take months of remodeling before we're done, and alot of money. Who knew remodeling a home cost so much!! I told Doug that we should just demolish and start over. :) Sounds good to me. Hopefully we'll be having new windows put in before winter. The kitchen was remodeled before he bought the house, but we now have different plans for it. haha! And I want a new refrigerator!! I found one I really like, but have no idea if it will fit until I go home and take measurements.

I really think the heat and humidity is getting to me. Being a Washington Native, I'm not used to this. I go outside and I'm instantly sweaty, and it doesn't drop below 100 degrees until after dark the last few days! It's makin' me cranky.

My baby weight loss efforts are coming along. I got the flu last week and didn't eat for a couple of days. So what happens when I don't eat for a whole day and I step on the scale? That's right, it went up!! So frusterating. I went to the gym yesterday after a whole week of not working out. It was nice, but man am I sore today. I was going to workout this morning, but I think I may just take a walk this evening. I hurt in all places. I took a class called "butts and guts" and it kicked my ass! I look foward to Thursday, it's Zumba!! By far the best exercise class out there. It doesn't even feel like an hour cardio workout.

I do get measured tomorrow so we'll see how many inches I've lost since last month. I'm down about 26" roughly since I started in June. I just wish the weight would come off as fast as the inches are. My "fat pants" are almost too big! I did go out to Express and buy some new jeans in a size smaller. So they don't fit yet, but its giving me something to work for. They are hot jeans! And when I say they don't fit, they just don't fit in the waist. They fit everywhere else. Terrible!! I still have that after baby pooch going on in my belly. I don't know how to get rid of it. But if I can remember right, I had the same thing with Jesse, and it just went away over time. You'd think at 7 months PP that it would be gone. Almost, but not quite!

No comments:

Post a Comment