Friday, August 14, 2009

They grow up so fast!

Lately, I've been noticing a big change in Jesse. He's growing into that tween stage as they call it. He acts so grown up sometimes it's scary! I finally started giving him a chore list, and he's happily doing it earning himself 5 dollars a week. Teaching him the value of money has been fun. So now when we go to the store, and he says, "can I have that?" I say, well sure if you want to spend your own money. It makes him think twice about what it is that he wants. He's currently saving up for a new game, although I think that will probably change within a week or so.

On another note, I've only managed to work out once this week. I'm not sure what happened to this week but it has been crazy busy! I wanted to go to Zumba class last night, but we met Jesse's teacher instead. She's seems to be real nice! It helped Jesse get excited about going back to school. He always complains that he hates school, and it's because he's bored. At the young age of 7 and going into 2nd grade, Jesse sits at almost a 4th grade reading level, same with math too. I just hope his teacher challenges him and keeps him busy. I know his last teacher didn't, and we finally figured out the cause of his acting out and getting into trouble...he was BORED!!

Back to this workout thing...The trainer measured me Wednesday, as it has been about 2 weeks since the last measurement, I've lsot 8 3/4 inches total! That brings me to around 30 inches so far lost. I am jsut not comfortable posting those measurements yet. I've also lost almost 3 lbs this week. I was aiming for 4, but it's better than nothing! Since I won't make it to the gym this morning, (nursery closes at 11) I will have to settle for a walk, or some weight resistance while Bailey naps. I try to go in the afternoon, and I just always seem to be doing something. It will be easier to work out next week since Jesse will be at school, and we won't be sleeping in! I've also been taking monthly pictures of myself to track my progress. Besides my "fat pants" getting to be too big, I can't notice a difference in myself. I feel the same flabby post baby thing. :( It's getting better little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment